Looking for a counselor? Sheroes Board Members Denise Sauter and Christine Ellis can help.
Denise provides mental health counseling for adults and adolescents. Areas of practice include anxiety, mood and thought disorders, stress management, chronic pain, women’s issues and adjustment to difficult life events.
• Bachelor of Arts: DePauw University
• Graduate Certificate in Wellness Coaching: UWSP
• Master of Arts in Counseling: Lakeland University
Denise utilizes a strengths-based and solution focused approach, integrating Positive Psychology, Mindfulness, and Cognitive Behavioral Therapy to help her clients access and engage inner resources to develop and enhance resilience and positive well-being.
Christine Ellis is a counselor specializing in individual, couples and family therapy and practices in Wausau/Weston/Mosinee, Wisconsin. Christine is an interactive, solution-focused counselor. Her therapeutic approach is to provide support and practical feedback to help clients effectively address personal life challenges. She integrates complementary methodologies and techniques to offer a highly personalized approach tailored to each client. With compassion and understanding, she works with each individual to help them build on their strengths and attain the personal growth they desire.
University of Wisconsin-Madison: Master of Science, Human Development and Family Studies
Lakeland College, Sheboygan, Wisconsin: Master of Arts, Counseling
License, Certifications & Awards
• State of Wisconsin License #5522-125: Professional Counseling
• State of Wisconsin Certified Medicaid Psychotherapist
• COPE Certified Health Coach, (Villanova University), Take Shape for Life
• Eye Movement Desensitization Reprocessing, EMDRIA, Virginia Beach, Virginia, September/November, 2015
• Substance Abuse and Addictive Disorders: Lakeland College graduate course: Fall, 2015
• C.O.P.E. Health Coach Certification, Villanova University, June/July, 2015
• Trauma Informed Care Training, May, 2015
• DSM-V Training, May, 2014
Professional Activities and Memberships
• American Counseling Association
• National Council on Family Relations
• Wisconsin Council on Family Relations
• Take Shape for Life Certified Health Coach Leadership Development: Annual Convention
There are a lot of resources available on the internet, but how can you trust that the site you find is giving you the best information? Check out the links below for links to sites curated by our board members and volunteers.
Guided meditations can help teens cultivate self-compassion. This set of guided audio meditations can help cultivate peace, soothe stress and relax young minds.